Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Be Professional



This week I want to talk about the state of the NFL’s problem with players and how they conduct themselves on and off the field. Lately all you see on ESPN is Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson and how they conducted themselves off the field. It started with a great count of looking down on them. But as the weeks progress, people seemed to team up with them, saying that it’s none of our business what they do off the field. That the Media makes big things out of nothing. That they don’t give them space or enough freedom. Well to me it boils down to how much you love the game. Growing up I looked up to a great running back. His name is Barry Sanders. I wanted to be exactly like him when I played. I loved everything about him. He was very soft spoken. Whenever he scored a touchdown, he would almost immediately run to the closest referee to hand him the ball. Growing up every time I scored a touchdown, I would do the same exact thing. To Barry Sanders, he just did it to be respectful. What he might not know is that thousands of kids are mimicking his actions as well. With that being said, Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice must have had a player they looked up to as well. They should know how much a person will looked up to you if you’re a professional athlete. The way they conduct themselves reflects many people in many different ways. You’re on a spotlight for a reason. You don’t even have to make it to the major leagues, you can make to a college and you’ll be a hometown hero for many young athletes.  These athletes should not get another chance, they downgraded the NFL. They basically made ESPN a drama show. I’m sorry but I’m not all about that. It’s like watching MTV. I’m not trying to tell someone how to live their lives, but damn you finally made it, and you go around doing stupid things that could ruin your career is mind-blowing! I would be so humbled, and so focused on being a great, that I don’t think I would even have time to do anything that could potentially ruin my career. If you’re a dog, you don’t deserve to be on the field playing in front of so many people. The people that do deserve to play are the ones that struggled to get to the top, and realize how they got there.  I don’t like football because of the loud mouth bad attitude players. I like football because it’s a team sport, and you have to use all of your heart and skill to be a good player.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa07aouM9AsDPbM-rtPfWX1gPvZG1K5gU1aV9-73ywLhPW_UYNqA Barry Sander
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5j_nlMVhv25TeG0f1CgwdTl5HbsW3NF0lwzjtuWltm0ahlp_9swRay Rice

4 comments:

  1. Well said! The Barry Sanders example was great to show that the players should be a role model on and off the field for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Brant! Being a humble player like Barry Sanders, is very powerful action. Kids that are watching Sports Center and following the Ray Rice drama need to know that this is not a good example. There needs to be better role models in sports like Barry Sanders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I was never a huge Ray Rice fan to begin with. When I actually saw the video of the incident, it just made me despise him even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of computer technology has become a major part of the teaching process in the 21st century. As a young teacher you will be expected to use computer technology to enhance the learning of your students. However, you, as an inexperienced teacher, should begin with simple technology, slowly using only one form at a time. Over time you must gain experience in all forms of technology to add interest and real life data as well as efficiency to their teaching. This article is designed to help you to use technology successfully as quickly as possible. google ranking

    ReplyDelete