Monday, September 8, 2014

Restore the roar is on its way in Detroit

Going into this year’s season, I felt a good deal of effort was involved in getting good trades and drafts this year. The first official game was held This Monday, and it seemed as if everything was down to par with the Detroit Lions. The quarterback Matthew Stafford looked like he finally bumped up a level in his game-play, throwing great with great composure. He had great players to open up the field. I don’t even need to start with Megatron, because well, we all just know he is the best. Besides him, he had Golden Tate doing a great job to find open space. Right beside Stafford is a great running back, Reggie Bush. Reggie is a great asset to the team, he makes linebackers respect the short pass game, and also him running the ball in and outside of the Lions line.
The Defense looked way better than the past years defense. They seem to jell more in the back field. The defensive backs were a big deal coming into this season, since last year they seemed like garbage.  They showed this Monday that they are ready to play the pass more with more aggressiveness. The Defense of line is just tenacious! The other team has to base a scheme on the Lions defensive line. They basically have to double team Suh the majority of the game. And with fairly on the other side, I guess all you can say is “good luck”! Overall the lions impressed a lot of fans, giving us some light on what is to come in this upcoming season.
            Another team I plan on blogging about is the Michigan Wolverines. I've been a die heart fan since I was a wee lil lad. I even got a tattoo of the old school wolverine! This year doesn't look as promising though. I will always have hope for Michigan, but these past few years have been depressing. Don’t get me wrong they still did good and made it to a bowl game, yet they just aren't where I expect them to be. Growing up was a great time for a Michigan fan. They seemed to always win and be ranked top 5. Ever since Loyd Carr retired, the whole system has gone down.
They have hired jokes for coaches; Rich Rod was not what you would want for a traditional team. He completely changed the offensive system, and picked up some not so well commitments. I love Robinson, but I will always pick the traditional quarterback, I feel as if they make better decisions in tight situations. Brady Hoke is a joke and I feel horrible not backing up my favorite team, but I just can’t stand the guy!

I’m hoping for a successful season and to hopefully make it to the playoffs, but with how the Big Ten is playing, I don’t know what is in store for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment